These are the Garage Floor Tile Company’s Terms of Service. They tell you:
- The rules for using our website.
- The agreements you make when purchasing online.
- Your rights and responsibilities, basically – important stuff.
Our Terms of Service apply when:
By signing up for, or purchasing Garage Floor Tile Company’s services or any of the products of Garage Floor Tile Company or its affiliates (“GFTC”) you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”). You can review the current version of the Terms of Service at any time at https://www.garagefloortilecompany.com/policies/terms-of-service. GFTC reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to the GFTC website. You will be informed of such changes.
Registering an account with GFTC
- You must be 18 years or older to purchase from this website.
- To purchase any goods from GFTC, you must register for an account (“Account”) by providing your full legal name, current address, phone number, a valid email address, and any other information indicated as required. GFTC may reject your application for an Account, or cancel an existing Account, for any reason, at our sole discretion.
- You acknowledge that GFTC will use the email address you provide as the primary method for communication.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure. GFTC cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your Account and password.
- All illustrations and specifications are given as a general idea of the Goods described and do not form part of a contract.
- It is your responsibility to check and confirm that all measurements, dimensions and quantities are correct.
- All orders will be fulfilled from a single production batch. In the event that you order more tiles at a later date, we cannot guarantee the colour consistency between batches.
- The GFTC cannot be held responsible for problematic installations if they do not comply with our instructions and the following advice regarding usage and application has not been followed;
- ALLOW THE TILES TO ACCLIMATISE PRIOR TO INSTALLATION - The tiles must be left in the installation area to acclimatise for a minimum of 24 hours before installation commences. You can see the full installation guidelines here.
- LOOSE LAY OR GLUE? Our floor tiles can be installed over any hard surface and in most situations will not require gluing. We recommend gluing the tiles in the following situations:
- DIRECT SUNLIGHT (south facing garage doors, windows, sky lights etc.) It is advisable to glue the tiles in areas subject to direct sunlight. It is possible that the tiles in direct sunlight will get very hot and expand at a faster and higher rate than the remainder of the floor.
- HEAVY TRUCKS AND/OR TIGHT TURNING CIRCLES - we strongly advise you to test the tiles with the trucks before making a decision and contact us for advice
- EXTERNAL HEAT SOURCES / CATALYTIC CONVERTERS: catalytic converters can make the floor extremely hot and may cause the tiles to expand. To avoid this problem, glue the tiles in the area where the catalytic converter will sit when the car is parked
- STAINING, DISCOLOURING & EASE OF CLEANING, STAINING FROM RUBBER TYRES etc. Rubber when in contact with any surface can leave a stain which is caused by vulcanisation. The stain is brown in colour. Garage Floor Tile Company recommends that if your application is susceptible to staining from rubber contact (car tyres etc.) that you use our black or graphite colour tiles and / or apply our anti-colour /anti-stain polyurethane sealer. Please contact us for further information.
- CHEMICAL, OIL & FUEL SPILLS / LEAKS – Our tiles offer good resistance to most commonly used oils and chemicals however extended exposure should be avoided. In the event of a spill or leak (especially if the liquid has been allowed to penetrate under the tiles) for health, safety & environmental good practice we recommend that the affected tiles are lifted, the spill or leak cleaned up and rinsed with fresh water (both the sub- floor and the tiles) and the tiles then reinstalled.
- STATIC SHOCKS – The Garage Floor Tile Company product range will not generate static, if you encounter issues with static post installation it will not be because of the flooring but will relate to a variety of reasons, primarily the change in the environment especially if you had concrete or wooden floors prior to your new installation. We recommend you wash the floor with clean fresh water to eliminate the issue. In areas or times of low humidity (for example in the cold winter months) it may also be advisable to use a floor cleaner with anti-static properties. Please refer to https://www.garagefloortilecompany.com/ for further information.
- UV STABILITY – Garage Floor Tile Company tiles are not recommended for external use and the colours are not UV stable. If you require flooring for external use, please contact us for details of our Lifestyle Range.
- SURFACE FINISH / PATINA / WITNESS MARKS – The method of manufacture may result in a witness mark being visible in the tile at the central injection moulding point and along the flow lines from the centre and around the external edge of the tile, the mark cannot be avoided. Please check the tiles, if the marking is unacceptable do not continue with installation as we will not accept responsibility to replace or refund the cost of any goods after 5m² or more have been installed if the markings are subsequently deemed unacceptable.
- CLEANING & MAINTENANCE - Please refer to the cleaning guidelines at the bottom of the installation instructions.
Prices and Currency
- GFTC reserves the right to change the price of a product at any time without any forewarning. Any orders placed prior to this change cannot be amended to the revised price.
- All orders are processed in GBP and 20% VAT is applied (unless VAT exempt).
- Conversion rate charges may apply if you are purchasing outside of the United Kingdom.
- In cooperation with Stripe, Inc. and Shopify Payments (USA) Inc. a registered Independent Sales Organization (ISO) of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Concord, CA, we offer you the following payment methods under the Shopify Payment Terms and Conditions:
Visa, MasterCard, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Amex, Maestro
- In cooperation with PayPal, we offer you the following payment methods:
- Payments will appear on your statement as SP * GARAGE FLOOR TILE
Gift Cards and Discounts
- Once a gift card has been issued, the card becomes that customers’ property.
- Gift Cards cannot be used in the purchase of another Gift Card.
- GFTC reserves the right to refuse or cancel a gift card without any further discussion.
- Gift cards have a validity of 12 months, and don’t need to be spent all at once.
- Gift cards are only valid on the site in which they have been purchased from.
- Only one discount code can be used per order.
- GFTC reserves the right to refuse or cancel the use of a discount code without any further discussion.
- Usage of discount codes are subject to stock availability.
Delivery and Packing
All orders made on the GFTC website are dispatched from the UK. We aim to get all orders out on the same day; however, due to volumes this is not always possible. Delivery dates are estimates only and GFTC shall not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from any act of God, war or riot, strikes, extreme weather or any other events beyond our control.
- We reserve the right to deliver goods by instalments, each instalment being treated as a separate contract
- Risk in Goods will pass to you on delivery and you should insure accordingly.
- Goods will be delivered at the point most convenient to our carrier. Further transfer or installation within your premises, particularly for large or heavy items, must be arranged prior to delivery.
- Claims for loss or non-delivery of Goods, damage, short delivery or non-compliance with description must be notified in writing to us within 14 days of the delivery date.
- Original packaging must be returned with any damaged Goods. Claims will only be considered if these conditions are met. Our liability shall be limited to replacement or refund proportionate to the goods undelivered or damaged.
- Goods are not sold for any particular purpose. We shall not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss arising out of or in connection with the sales of Goods to you.
GFTC reserves the right to reject or cancel your order fulfilment of all orders on the GFTC website. We explicitly reserve the right not to accept your order for any of the following reasons:
- The product is not available / in stock and you are not willing to wait for it to be manufactured
- Your billing information is not correct or not verifiable
- Your order has been suspected of fraudulent activity
- We could not deliver to the address you provided
- Force Majeure
- In the event of misspelling, pricing or other errors or mistakes in the website information
GFTC owns all intellectual property rights in the website and in the material published on it. These works are protected by copyright laws worldwide.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on GFTC’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not: modify or copy the materials, use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on GFTC’s web site; remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by GFTC’s at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
Garage Floor Tile Company
Unit 15 Sedgwick Road
Company no: GB08483743
VAT Number: 109437318